Friday 15 August 2014

KDP Select

My dad said he was ‘very proud’…and that will do nicely.

Honestly, I’ve never heard him say that. I mean, never. He had the paperback version delivered to his workplace, and then called me.

‘It’s a lot better than I expected.’

And then he said it. Those exact words.  I was taken back.

I love ebooks, but for my pa - despite everything I’ve told him about my writing - it’s not until he gets an 8.5x5.5x1 copy in his hands, and he feels the weight of the book, and he looks at the front cover…that his boy actually has written a book.

It’s been a good week.

KDP Select downloads over my four free days.

Day 1) 55
Day 2) 38
Day 3) 22
Day 4) 44
Total: 159
…And, some sales after too.

I’ll print some thoughts about this on Sunday (what worked, what didn’t). But, for now; it achieved pretty much what I wanted it to do.

I’m very grateful to all who downloaded - very grateful indeed.
JSC



No comments:

Post a Comment