Thursday 7 August 2014

2 days to free ebook promo on Amazon. Part III - The fascinating experience of being a self-published author.


Free Kindle Ebook in 2 days time! Amazon.com

You against the world...

So, I'm around 3 weeks into this, and I never cease to be amazed by 'what it takes...'

How do you stick your book's head out above the crowd. How badly do you want it to? Why do you want it to?

It becomes abundantly clear, very, very quickly that it's you from the ground looking up, waiting and focusing on a (very) distant prize. I've had a few people say to me, 'Well done, you've had a book published. what an achievement?'

Truthfully, that champagne - the one I had on ice in the fridge - it's still there. Why on earth is it still there? Why the heck am I not celebrating an achievement? Because...in some really strange (and completely unexpected) way...it doesn't feel like one?

As many self-published authors will attest, having a book published is not the end. It is so very, very much the beginning. And, it is truly a labyrinth of fear. You can see many SP authors along with me, spinning around and around and scratching their heads. Where to now? I sincerely hope that I will have the answers and wisdom to share with others in a year or two's time. When I get that wisdom and experience, I will share it here. You betcha!
JSC


No comments:

Post a Comment