Monday 11 August 2014

FREE YA ebook day III and thoughts on KDP select!

Free YA ebook day III - Mis-fit, Misplaced, Miss Shelly Clover.

…and, some more thoughts on being a self-published author.
Links to free books here.

So, KDP Select.

I’ve unpublished myself from Smashwords temporarily. I’ve enrolled in the 90 day KDP select programme. I’m on day 3 of my assigned 4 free days of book giveaways.

Thoughts.
Too early to call. But, from what I can assess, so far:

J The book is being downloaded, and is reaching new people. Thank-you everybody!
J I’m quite high up in the Australian/Canadian/UK/German/USA charts for Dystopian & Paranormal for teen fiction (FREE category)
J People are viewing my blog/website - not many, but encouraging nonetheless.

L No reviews or feedback (yet).

More substantial and informative thoughts about this process coming your way on Wednesday evening.
What is interesting about KDP Select (and I am glad I anticipated this), is that your book will languish in cyberspace, unless you advertise/promote it. It will do nada.

So, what I did - in the days running up to this promotion - was contact about 20-25 promotion sites. I advertised my Four day Free push through these. I ignored the premium listings. I didn’t want to spend a penny on advertising, and despite the temptation to spend a few dollars here and there, I stuck to my principles.

I have one 5 star review on Amazon.uk, but no others on Amazon.com/ca/de/au etc. This can really hurt your downloads by all accounts. I’ll print my thoughts on this on Wed, and will give everybody an analysis of download figures for each day.

In the meantime, thanks to everybody for your support. 
And, whoever it is who keeps +1(ing) each post I've made - you are one v.special person to me.
JSC




No comments:

Post a Comment