Monday 27 October 2014

Phobo-Phobia - JSC's = Ophidiophobia

Just been to the excellent Scare-Fest at London Bridge...Phobophobia!

Had my right hand hacked with a machete (actors being a little over zealous). Chainsaw wielding mad-men. Spooky women with blood dripping down their face and some weird teeth-chattering device in their mouths. Clowns - oh my goodness - I'll say that again: CLOWNS...

Claustrophobic corridors, headless cadavers, strobe lighting interspersed with sudden ear-splitting white noise.

And, to top it all off - I faced my fear: Ophidiophobia.

That's the fear of snakes folks. Hang a twelve foot yellow Boa-Constrictor around my neck and then place your hand on my chest. I must admit, there was a moment where I had a split-second surge of powerful, irrational fear. When Jade (giving her a nice name took away some apprehension) was wrapped around my shoulders and neck, I felt her weight, and her instant constriction, and I felt fine tbh. In fact, I was more fearfully fascinated when I saw a Cobra rise up and produce its hood at me at Wingham wildlife park last weekend. Thankfully, this sucker was behind some glass. I was crouched down looking at it through a slender sheet and thinking I will fall over like a fool if this thing strikes the glass.

One bite. No anti-venom. Three hours from death. That's what I don't like about them.

In the words of Indiana Jones: "I hate snakes."
All hail Alice Cooper.
JSC


No comments:

Post a Comment