Monday 16 January 2017

Discovered

"Sir, are you famous?"
"Err, not that I'm aware."
"You write books though."
"How on this earth... did you..."
"I saw your picture."
(And then, another pupil pipes in about her friend searching for me online.)

To say I was taken aback is an understatement.
It was in a History lesson on Imperialism, and I'd moved across to help a group with a faffy War game and before I knew it I'm back-peddling; caught totally off-guard.

I asked them how they found out and no one seems to know. But, they know...

It's a strange paradox when you write Teen-Fiction for girls; work in a girls' school and yet spend years keeping your book a carefully managed secret from the very students who might just enjoy reading it.

Needless to say, I've spent thirty (paranoid) minutes googling various permutations of my name and hitting images.
Nothing.
I'm not there.
And the only way you get to me is by typing in my full author name (not the names a student might hear a colleague call you in the corridor.)

Just weird.

Girls, if somehow - in your industrious natures - you're reading this, then I do hope you're enjoying the book. Get the free Ebook.

JSC (aka Mr Clark to you)

No comments:

Post a Comment