Tuesday 6 September 2016

Oh, what the hell, I'm gonna blog...

A bit pointless doing this really.

But, in the vain hope of keeping this a writing blog and not a teaching blog, I'll get the former out of the way.

I just tried writing...and there was nothing; no capacity to concentrate, no ability to effectively edit.

There, done.

What was it Stephen Covey said? Emphasize your circle of influence and shrink your circle of concern.

What was it Alloy and Abramson said about depressive realism: depressed people have a more accurate appraisal of reality.

So, I've just gone cold turkey for six weeks (summer holidays) from a very addictive drug (teaching). I experienced another turkey halfway through the holidays (my A-level results) and a plump goose (my AS results). And now, I'm whacking that needle back in my arm. Twelve hours in my veins today. Oh, it feels good - I can no longer see the 'me' I found in the summer holidays. 65 hours a week won't do it. I MUST get good results next summer. I must work more.

Lovin' life. Hope you are. ( I genuinely mean that.)
JSC

No comments:

Post a Comment