Thursday 19 February 2015

Back Writing

Viva the half-term break!

Just finished a secondment at a special measures school. It was gruelling, but I'm glad I did it. Honestly, I have taught in challenging environments and have thought myself more than capable of handling any class. But, this...

Phew! Over.

I have set my Shelly Clover series in a school that falls into special measures. I didn't deliberately set out to be a method-writer and actually blood myself in with the real deal, but the experience has been invaluable nonetheless. Now I've caught my breath a little, I'm able to suppress my stress-immune response and draw my thoughts back to El Macbari, albeit slowly.

Coming up to 50,000 words. Hatching a plan and a time-frame, and more importantly, trying to save money for a proof-reader and hire a cover designer. (Yeah, I want my book cover to resemble the first.) Busy, busy, busy.

JSC

No comments:

Post a Comment