Sunday 22 February 2015

Action sequences

Just finished an action scene.

It's not your typical sequence with guns, cars and one-liners. I like to (at least try to) include the unconventional. Human tools don't cut it against the antagonists in the SC series. And, I'm having a lot of fun strreeetching the boundaries of my imagination, and striving for something original. It was good fun to write, but now its on to an important segment of mystery in book 2.

Also, I'm re-(re)reading Mis-fit, Misplaced, to make sure I don't stray too much from the essence of the first. It's tempting to just go all out gung-ho, but just familiarising myself with where it all began - and staying true to the Shelly Clover in first novel is essential. Getting the balance of being loyal to no.1 whilst branching out with no.2 is a challenge I'm loving. It's old school sticky labels placed in the pages to highlight the key points I want to retain.

Also, I'm starting a new assignment at a new school tomorrow. I must say - after 15 years - I'm quite excited about this school. In the words of Gargamel (Smurfs): "Cautiously excited..."

Also, my wonderful Gran turns 99 tomorrow - separate post for that one me thinks.

JSC

No comments:

Post a Comment