Saturday 22 November 2014

It's very rare that I get pissed off, but...!

The fourth time! The fourth time this year…

1) February - stinking cold; teacher-pressure to attend a parent’s evening despite being visibly ill and contagious.
2) April - Sinusitis; a full-blown face infection that properly k’od me. I felt R.O.U.G.H
3) August - a strange 24hour sickness bug that brought me to my knees and lifted just as quickly.
4) November - Sore throat on Thursday, that has now morphed into (yet) another head cold.

Four times this year.

But, TBH, I usually get three illnesses a year. Is this normal? Do Nurses experience something similar tending to the sick? If so, I never hear it. I simply have to do something about my immune system…I am pig-sick of feeling like this. Sure, when you’re a teacher, you stand in front of 6 x 30 students (all facing towards you) on a daily basis, and frequently the sneezes and spluttering are never caught in even a mildly preventative manner.  They introduced flu-jabs at my old school for the first time four years ago. But, is it still normal to be this ill? I have become so resigned to catching a bug or ten that I have coined a new phrase: 
‘Another term, another germ.’

32 days of feeling crap (so far).

After I get shot of this virus, I am actively seeking ways to strengthen my immune system in preparation for my new year’s resolution:  Go a full year without sickness.
Any advice, anybody?

JSC

No comments:

Post a Comment