Monday 10 August 2020

Writing in this "Scorching" British heat wave.

 

I write on a leather sofa that I stick to. That's pretty uncomfortable - truth be told.

At the back of my mind, I’m thinking about schoolwork; the creation of a brand new Sociology GCSE without reasonable time to manifest and deliver - as always - trying my best for great students. I worked in the first week of the holiday, so I’m ‘entitled’ to cast you (work) aside for now.

In the meantime, I’m writing and I’m being faithful to it.

I love how I feel compelled to write even when this unusual scorching "British" August dulls my senses into submission. I battle back. I open Scrivener. I start typing. The sun beats down and fights my resolve to write and create. Ha Ha, I win again today. I win big time.

Oh, to do this full-time: what.a.joy! If only.

Me -prolific? Potentially anyway. What do I do to make this happen, to make this continually happen?

Pipe-dream.

Maybe…

For now, anyway…I take heart in accomplishing another 1,000 words, and I drive forward, remembering the 5 star reviews, rationalising the 3 stars and never,giving.up.

Never.

Heat – you are but a momentary distraction; I welcome you. I approach you with fortitude and undying resolve.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment